Zestimates. Ugh. Have you heard of them? These are Zillow’s estimated market values for homes around the country. The numbers are computed using a proprietary formula based on data, not human touch, vision, interaction, etc. It is not an appraisal, but a starting point for determining a home’s value for many consumers.
Unfortunately, many homeowners believe these values are accurate. In reality Zestimates are about as accurate as a blind camel playing darts and are typically off by 8% - 24%.
Here are 6 things to trust more than a Zestimate:
1. GAS STATION SUSHI
2. A RATTLESNAKE WITH A “PET ME” SIGN
3. BRIAN WILLIAMS NEWS REPORTS
4. EMAILS FROM NIGERIAN PRINCES
5. STEVE HARVEY ANNOUNCEMENTS
6. A WEIGHT LOSS PLAN FROM RONALD MCDONALD